Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Photo Tour - Part 2

And now to continue the photo tour, I present to you the Australian countryside. I took a photo during the busride, not a very special one, but still. The hills in the back are about the same as in Canberra itself. It was also one of the rare days in Australia for me that it was cloudy. No rain, but just some clouds...

In the first couple of days I havent taken many pictures, and started to taking photos some time later. The next picture is one from my room, which as mentioned before is pretty decent. The best thing of course is the service, which cleanes and changes the linen every week. At this very moment my bed is being cleaned, and that makes it very liveable. To the left of the picture is also a sink and mirror and there are two closets in the room, enough for my huge collection of clothes... The hallway is close to the dining area and to most other things, which doesnt mean anything cause it is all close but he. Only minus point i can think of is the fact that there are all ANU students in my hallway, which you dont see that much cause they got different schedule and all.

Then after two weeks I brought my camera along to finally take some pictures. On a recovery night from all the alcohol I went with Prana (rightside), Daphne (centre), Nick (tip of hair in background) and Freya (left) to the Pancake Parlour. The rest was going for a big night out, and as my budget didnt allow this I went for pancakes instead. Which turned out to be a good choice, as the pancakes where great. Not the original Dutch pancakes, but real American big ones with maple sirup and ice cream.

Next time more pictures of other people and of Canberra, but right now I dont feel like sitting behind the computer anymore. Uploading takes long.... but here is a last picture of last weeks International Cuisine class. The theme of the week was Vietnam, but it were dishes from all South East Asia. With all the raw ingredients you would expect for such a thing, like crab and pork with teats still on it... Team AAP (Arne, Allie, Pamela) made the best banana leaf roles, with salad and stir fried chicken, and the dinner was great. The week before was Thais, and more to my liking, but still it was very good. Spicy!

Cyas laters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home