Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Experiencing all of Cape Town

And so I finally have got the pictures on the web. Moved into this apartment last weekend, and I took a picture after it was cleaned, so you can see the might and awesomeness of the apartment!

This is the kitchen, with a bar!


The living room, with a sleeping couch, and the best view in the world

A view like this, of Cape Town center and Robben Island

Lions Head, still part of the view

So after moving into my apartment, I wanted to climb the Table Mountain, and convinced Sebastian to come with me, who was pretty hungover. Although it looked like he would have trouble climbing the mountain, I was struggling badly. As we also started climbing late in the afternoon, we almost missed the last cable car down... but after a long climb I made it and the views are amazing. Like I said we didnt have much time on the top, so I am definetly coming back to check out all the views from the top.

On top of the Table Mountain

The sun sets on Camps Bay

Besides the beautifull views and the amazing apartment I also experienced another side of South Africa this week. Easy Tiger Tourism supports a trust fund, TCD, which helps setup several projects in the townships of Cape Town. And this week there was an opening of a school and soup kitchen of Rosie, who started these projects by setting up a pre-school 20 years ago. My boss, Andre, invited me to the opening and here are the pictures.

The kids welcome us



All jumping up when you get in and grabbing my leg

Just a couple of weeks old, this little one was found in a garbage bin


It was a busy week

Arne

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoi arne wat een te gekke site; we zien hem nu voor het eerst; wat goed van die club waar je werkt om projecten in townships op te zetten
mooi appartement en uitzicht
dus de tafelberg heb je al bedwongen

groet,
gerlof en janda

1:11 PM  
Blogger Arne said...

Ja was heel bijzonder in de townships, echt supervrolijke kids, en ze hebben zo weinig. Het is een mooi project dat ze daar hebben opgezet, Rosalie is daar 20 jaar geleden begonnen met niks en ze heeft nu echt een enorm complex opgezet en een soupkitchen. Je kunt het allemaal zien op www.tcdtrust.org.za/

groetjes

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home